Apply for an Internship
NEW WORLD CINEMAS distributors of independent films in USA and around the world.
We are looking for interns who are passionate about media and entertainment. New World Cinemas is a company
that have always anticipated and embraced change. We are looking for interns who can do the same.
Interns will be involved at every level, from distribution to marketing to acquisitions, and we encourage active involvement.
Our internships are paid and non- paid positions, depending of your time, dedication and experience.
Designed for currently enrolled students (both Undergraduates and Graduate levels). We seek new candidates every semester.
New World Cinemas has office in New York City.
See below for specific descriptions for each internship offered:
ACQUISITIONS duties include (but are not limited to):
• Tracking new projects using crowd funding platforms, IMDb and IMDb Pro also film festivals
• Log and review feature length film submissions for distribution consideration
• Assist with Acquisitions team in coordinating details for festival travel
MARKETING/PR duties include (but are not limited to):
• Creating marketing sell sheets
• Spearhead competitive and project based research on industry, films, and talent
• Updating social channels, writing copy for social posts, and build influencer/blogger databases
• Assisting the team at premieres, screening, and promotional events
OPERATIONS duties include (but are not limited to):
• Tracking film information and merchandising on several key transactional VOD platforms
• Assisting in organizing and maintaining movie hard drive database
• Generating customized artwork for internet and cable carriers
• Limited general office duties such as mailing packages, creating copies, assisting visitors, etc.
• Creating film clips for cable operators and editing trailers for internet platforms
SALES duties include (but are not limited to):
• Tracking sales information and merchandising on several key transactional VOD platforms
• Research new TVOD, SVOD, and AVOD platforms to determine viability
• Create sales presentations to solicit new customers
• Able to travel to major film markets as: Marche Du Film, Cannes Film Festival, EFM Berlinale, & Mipcom.
Skills & Duties Needed for ALL positions:
• Must be organized, able to work independently
• Must be proficient with standard MS Office applications such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Preferred advanced knowledge of video editing skills with software such as Final Cut Pro
• Preferred photo editing skills with software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Additional attributes preferred: marketing, PR, and/or social media experience, Web Design
• Limited general office duties (i.e. mailing packages, creating copies, assisting visitors, restocking supplies, etc.)